SPECIAL EDUCATION CONSULTING PACKAGES FOR SCHOOLS
Please note that these packages can be further customized based on the specific needs and goals of your school or organization. Consulting fees may vary depending on the scope and duration of the services provided.
- Initial consultation to assess the specific needs and goals of your school or organization.
- Review of existing special education programs, policies, and documentation.
- Basic training session for staff members on special education laws and best practices.
- Recommendations for initial program improvements and accommodations.
Comprehensive Program Development Package
- In-depth assessment of your current special education programs, including IEP reviews and interviews with staff and parents.
- Development of customized, inclusive educational programs and individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with disabilities.
- Collaborative meetings with teachers, administrators, and parents to ensure program alignment and address concerns.
- Ongoing support for program implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
Compliance and Legal Support Package
- Review and audit of special education documentation and procedures for compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Guidance on Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requirements and due process procedures.
- Assistance with resolving compliance issues, responding to complaints, and preparing for audits or hearings.
- Training sessions for staff members on legal obligations, documentation practices, and procedural requirements.
Professional Development Package
- Tailored training sessions for teachers and staff members on various topics related to special education, such as understanding disabilities, inclusive practices, differentiated instruction, and behavior management strategies.
- Workshops on assistive technology, accommodations, and modifications to support students with diverse needs.
- Ongoing coaching and support for educators in implementing inclusive strategies and adapting curriculum for students with disabilities.
Parent and Community Collaboration Package
- Workshops and resources for parents on understanding their rights, navigating the special education system, and effectively advocating for their children.
- Collaboration with community organizations and service providers to enhance support for students with disabilities.
- Guidance on fostering positive relationships between schools, parents, and community stakeholders.
- Consultation and support for establishing parent support groups or advisory committees.
ADVOCACY PACKAGES FOR PARENTS
Please note that the services and fees may vary depending on the specific needs and circumstances of the individual and their family. Special education consultants can tailor these packages to address the unique requirements and goals of their clients.
Initial Consultation and Evaluation
- Comprehensive intake session to understand the individual’s needs, concerns, and goals.
- Review of educational records, including Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and assessments.
- Evaluation of current services and supports to identify areas for improvement.
- Creation of an advocacy plan tailored to the individual’s needs.
IEP Meeting Support
- Attendance and active participation in IEP meetings as the individual’s advocate.
- Review of proposed goals, accommodations, and services to ensure they meet the individual’s needs.
- Assistance in preparing questions, suggestions, and concerns to address during the meeting.
- Collaboration with school personnel to negotiate appropriate services and accommodations.
Document Review and Analysis
- Thorough review of educational records, including assessments, progress reports, and IEPs.
- Analysis of whether the current services and accommodations are appropriate and effective.
- Identification of any legal violations or gaps in services.
- Comprehensive written report with recommendations for program improvement.
Mediation and Due Process Support
- Guidance and support throughout the mediation or due process hearing process.
- Assistance in preparing written statements, gathering evidence, and organizing supporting documents.
- Collaboration with legal professionals, if needed, to ensure the individual’s rights are protected.
- Representation and advocacy during the mediation or due process hearing.
- Assistance in developing transition plans for students approaching key educational milestones (e.g., transitioning from early intervention to preschool, high school to post-secondary education or employment).
- Collaboration with school personnel and community agencies to ensure a smooth transition and access to appropriate services.
- Support in identifying vocational training, job placement, and independent living resources.
Parent Education and Empowerment
- Workshops and training sessions for parents to understand their rights and effectively advocate for their child.
- Education on special education laws, processes, and strategies for effective communication with school personnel.
- Resources and tools to help parents navigate the special education system and support their child’s educational journey.
Contact Denise Today
Contact Denise M. Wright to learn more about their services and how they can support your school or organization in promoting inclusive education and ensuring the success of all students.